MIND SET ON YOU!

I opened my eyes and I realized that it was still very early in the morning, but I was already tired of laying in bed. I stayed for a little while and then angrily got up. For some reasons I was so sad that morning. I was thinking of so many things I did not have, and I needed them, and so many things I needed to do that I did not know how to go about them. I was weighed down by the thoughts of these.

Getting to the siting room, I laid down on our couch. Studied a chapter of the Bible and dozed off. I fell into a trance where I was singing a hymn ‘All people that on earth do dwell’, and then I got to the third verse where it says
“For why the Lord our God is good, His mercy is forever sure. His truth at all times firmly stood and shall from age to age endure”. 
Tears were rolling down my eyes, and I soon started to cry in the physical. I continued worshipping God the way I did in that trance. I understood the word the Lord spoke to me in the third verse of that hymn.
Not very long ago I was praying to the Lord to help me to fix my eyes on him and not on my challenges….to be more interested in my relationship with him than what I do not have right now. And God has been teaching me that recently. He has been answering that prayer and helping me to see Him more than my challenges. The new year comes with too many excitements, goals and aspirations. But just in the middle of January some people might be feeling disdained already and wondering how all those visions would come to fruition. The Bible says in Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

What does this mean? It is a state where you are completely focused on God and committed to him, not being distracted by the vicissitudes of life. At this point you experience constant peace. Remember that it is the Lord that will keep you in that condition because you have fixed your thoughts on Him. So, the secret to rest and ease in life is staying on the Lord. Almost everything about our lives happens first in the mind. Whether we are sad or angry or happy, it is because our mind is in that state. Therefore, if you are going to enjoy perfect peace this year, keep your mind stayed on the Lord. This helps you to trust him. We see better with our hearts than with our physical eyes. If we are always seeing God, those challenges are taken care of even when we are not aware. Why trouble yourself on something you can do nothing about?

This does not mean that we are encouraged to be lazy or do nothing. Far from it! It is trusting that God will guide us with His wisdom on steps to take or steps not to take. Sometimes, it is a total miracle…when we get to do little or nothing than just to trust. ๐Ÿ˜Š


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOU ARE THE SACRIFICE

WE DO NOT LIVE TO HIDE

MANAGING YOUR LIFE'S PROJECT